Have you ever taken a puff from your vape, only to find that it’s not producing any clouds? Your first thought might jump to it having a low battery, or you might wonder if there’s something wrong with your vape.
But there’s one more possibility, often more common than others – your vape is empty. Yes, it can be a little confusing to diagnose, but don’t you worry. This article tells you how to check if your vape cartridge is empty and what you can do about it.
What is a Vape Cartridge?
A vape cartridge is essentially a container that houses the vape juice, which gets vaporized when the coil heats up. It is a critical component that is responsible for delivering the flavor, THC/CBD, or nicotine to you.
These devices come in various sizes and shapes but essentially have more or less the same structure – a mouthpiece, a reservoir, and an atomizer. And they can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on their size and your usage.
Generally, vape cartridges are either refillable or disposable. If you have the former, they are easier to diagnose and you can refill them, but if you have a disposable vape pen, it is generally recommended to dispose of them insted of trying to refill them. More on this later.
How to Know if Your Vape Cartridge is Empty?
Each vape cartridge contains a specific amount of vape juice, generally ranging between 0.5 ml to 1 ml. As mentioned above, the liquid usually runs out within a few days or a couple of weeks, depending on how you use it.
As a vape user, it is crucial to know when it is running out of vape juice. Here are some signs of an empty vape cartridge.
- One of the first signs of an emptying vape cartridge is lack of vapor – it is a sign that your vape liquid is almost over and there isn’t enough to produce a thick cloud
- In some vape cartridges, you may also notice a burnt taste when you inhale, which happens when the atomizer heats up the residual juice
- You may also find it difficult to draw the vapor if the cartridge is empty, but don’t confuse this symptom with a clogged vape
- If your vape cartridge is transparent, you can simply look through it – if the vape juice is not visible, it is empty
- Even if there is some vape juice left in the chamber, the juice may appear darker or thicker if it is about to run out
These are some of the signs of an empty vape cartridge, and most of the symptoms also apply to disposable vapes (like a burnt flavor, decreased vapor, and difficulty drawing.
What are the Differences between an empty cartridge and a low battery/bad device?
Here is where things may get a little tricky: the symptoms mentioned above may also indicate a bad vape cartridge or low battery. Here is how you can distinguish low vape juice from a low battery or bad cartridge:
- If your vape device has an LED light, it will start flashing or turn red if the battery is low; refer to the user manual as some vape devices may have different indicators for a low battery
- If the vape device has gone bad, it may also cause a burnt taste, so you need to check for other symptoms to ensure your vape cartridge has run out of juice and not life
- Lastly, it is advisable to always check your cartridge for any damages or leaks – if it looks good, it is likely that your vape cartridge is low on e-liquid
What to Do When Your Cartridge is Empty?
Once you have figured out that your vape cartridge is empty, there are two things you can do – refill the empty vape cartridge or replace it entirely. Let’s take a look at both options below.
Refilling Vape Cartridges
Refilling seems like thethe ideal choice, doesn’t it? Do you change your car if it has run out of gas? So, if you are using a refillable vape cartridge, you should consider refilling it – it is cost-effective and eco-friendly.
Depending on the brand of vape cartridge you are using, the steps to refill it may vary. But in most cases, you have to pry the mouthpiece off or look for an injection port and use a syringe to fill it with fresh vape juice. Always refer to the user manual for specific instructions for refilling a vape cartridge.
When refilling, ensure you are using the right vape juice that is suitable for your vape cartridge, and focus especially on its viscosity. Filling thick vape juice in a cartridge that can only handle thin vape juice is only asking for more trouble.
Also, avoid overfilling the cartridge as it can make it difficult to draw, tamper with the flavor, and even damage the cartridge or coil.
Replacing the Vape Cartridge
If refilling seems like too much of a hassle or if you are using a disposable vape, you should just replace it. This especially applies to disposable vapes as they are not designed to be refilled, and refilling them – while possible – can be tedious and risky.
When replacing your empty disposable vape pen, do note that it can get a little expensive in the long so. So, it is better to bite the bullet and invest a little more money in a refillable vape cartridge – they are far more reliable than disposable vapes and a lot better to use. Some even let you control the temperature and vapor it produces!
Is Your Vape Cartridge Emptying Too Soon?
You have followed the right steps and used a suitable vape juice, but does your vape cartridge still run out faster? A few things can cause this problem such as chain vaping, low quality cartridges, incorrect storage method, high wattage, overfilling, or vaping at high altitudes.
If you are suffering from this problem, follow these tips to keep your vape cartridge from emptying too soon:
- Always store your vape cartridge properly, as recommended by the manufacturer; place it in a cool, dry place, and try to keep it upright as much as possible
- Remember to clean your vape cartridge regularly with a needle and a q-tip to prevent the buildup of debris or gunk
- Use the right e-liquid for your vape cartridge in terms of viscosity, type, and quantity; generally, the manufacturer of the cartridge will provide all the information you need to figure out which vape juice is compatible for the device
- Avoid chain vaping as it can burn through your vape juice quickly due to excess heat that builds up in the chamber
- Additionally, avoid using higher wattage than required as it can also burn through the juice fairly quickly; only use the wattage or temperatures as recommended by the vape juice manufacturer
- Once you have refilled your cartridge, remember to prime it by letting it sit for some time so the coil gets saturated with it
- Use high-quality vape cartridges that are efficient at heating the vape juice as this makes the juice burn as required, making it last a lot longer
By following these tips, you can easily add a few more days to your vape juice and get the best life out of it.
Choose High-Quality Vape Cartridges
Everything we have mentioned above about extending the life of your vape cartridge can go to waste if your vape cartridge is of low quality. Such vape cartridges are prone to leaks and breakdowns, and they contain coils that don’t burn the vape juice efficiently.
So, it is crucial that you always pick a high-quality vape cartridge. Yes, they can be a little more expensive, but they will save you a lot of money down the line by heating the vape juice more efficiently and making it last a lot longer.
Choose EGreensVape’s Vape Cartridges
If you are in the market for reliable empty 510 vape cartridges, check out EGreensVape. We are a leading vape manufacturer in China, specializing in producing ceramic vape cartridges that surpass most industry standards.
Our Ccell vape cartridges are designed as per the 510 standards, so they are compatible with 510-thread batteries, too. And they come in a variety of ranges, from affordable ones to premium ones.
Our vape cartridges not only have a 99.5% qualified rate but they are also designed to handle varying viscosities of vape juice, depending on the model you choose.
The best part? If you are an emerging vape brand, we offer cost-effective rates on wholesale vape cartridge orders with a quick turnaround along with custom branding. You can not only get your vape cartridges to have custom branding but also order custom packaging for the same.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact EGreensVape and order a sample kit now. Our vape cartridges are one of the most efficient devices in the industry and will last a lot longer than others.